How to Apply Birth Certificate Online in India?
Are you searching for the reliable information over the withdrawal of a birth certificate? Many of us don’t have it. But later, we may require it at any point of life.
So, what should you do?
You must be thankful to the present digital landscape. You’re submerged into the digital era. Its biggest advantage is quick accessibility to the services and goods. And even, you can’t say that you don’t know how to grab them. The internet is an ocean of information. It not only bridges gap between you and services/goods but it also shows the headway to grab them.
Let’s move to the core of this article, i.e. how to apply online for the birth certificate in India. I’ll reveal end-to-end online process.
Before jumping on to the main topic, you must know:
From where can you get your birth proof?
This section of the article unfolds the addresses from where you can get your birth certificate. The provision of Section 7 of the RBD Act, the government has deployed a Registrar in each local Municipal Corporation. This authority is commonly known as Nagar Nigam or Nagar Nigam Palika (in Hindi). If it’s a smaller district or region, Panchayat or other local authority would be there to take care of this responsibility.
The provision of Section 7(5) of the aforementioned Act directs to appoint a Sub-Registrar under the aforementioned Act of the Section 7(5). His attestation would be equally valid as the registrar’s. Both would enjoy the same rights and power.
Who would issue birth certificate where?
1. Rural Regions:
·Panchayat Secretaries/ Karmi/ Gram Sewak would issue the birth certificate in 15 states and 3 Union Territories (UTs). These states & UTs are: Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Puducherry.
·Medical In-Charge/ Para-Medical Staff Officer or equivalent in Assam, Haryana, Meghalaya, Orissa and Punjab, Sikkim, Manipur (partly), Andaman & Nicobar Island, Delhi and Lakshadweep can issue it as well.
·Village Accountants/ Village Administrative Officers in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu can also issue the same.
·The birth proof from SHO/police Officials in Jammu & Kashmir and Chandigarh UT (Rural) is also acceptable nation-wise.
·School Teachers in Mizoram, Nagaland and Circle Officer/ Village Level Workers in Arunachal Pradesh hold the same authority.
2. Urban Regions: The appointed Health Official or In-Charge of Para-Medical staffor the Municipal Corporation Registrar/Sub- Registrar have authority to issue the globally accepted birth certificate.
When would you get free birth proof?
If you have applied for birth registration in India before 21 days of the birth, any of the aforementioned authorities would have to sign the application of your certificate of birth.
After this stipulated time, you would have to pay for a certain amount against the service. This fee can vary from place to place and time to time.
Online Procedure: The Indian government has stepped into the digital landscape. But it’s sluggish. Therefore, only a few metropolitan cities have an access toonline registration of the birth in India. You can check if or not your place is valid to get the facility of online registration.
· Go to the website: crsorgi.gov.in.
· Move to the left pane where the signup dialog box will be given.
· Click General Public Signupto register yourself.
· As you tap, the Signup box will pop up. Fill up all valid details, including user name, mobile number, place of birth, user ID, district and village/town etc..
· If the Registration Unit field would be active and showing the name, it implies that your place avails this facility.
· Put the verification code and tap on the tab Register.
· Post registration, a thank-giving message will appear. It will prompt you to check your email ID for the confirmed registration.
· Check your inbox. It will push you to set up a new password for login. Generate it.
· Sign in again.
· A form will appear to fill the name of the child, parents and location.
· Subsequent to filling it, submit it after 24 hours.
· Download its soft copy.
· Take its print out.
· Then, visit the registrar office in person.
· Get the form attested by either registrar or sub-registrar.
What are documents required for attesting the application form of the birth?
· Letter of the hospital/ para-medical staff/ from medical record officer
· Affidavit attested by the SDM
· Copy of ration card
· School leaving certificate
It must be notified that the annexes must be attested by the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM).
What’s the processing time of birth application?
It would take around 7 days to 3 weeks to get this certificate. But if you outsource, it may be a lengthy process. NRIs mostly prefer this option as the passport authority accepts the proof issued by the Municipal Corporation.