Home       Top Rated       Submit Article     Advanced Search     FAQ       Contact Us       Lawyers in India       Law Forum     RSS Feeds     

Register your Copyright Online

We offer copyright registration right from your desktop click here for details.

Latest Articles | Articles 2014 | Articles 2013 | Articles 2012 | Articles 2011 | Articles 2010 | Articles 2009 | Articles 2008 | Articles 2007 | Articles 2006 | Articles 2000-05

Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Mutual Consent Divorce in Delhi
We provide fast, cost effective and Hassle free solution.
Contact us at Ph no: 9650499965 (Divorce Law Firm Delhi)
File Caveat in Supreme Court
Contact Ph no: +9650499965

Main Categories
 Accident Law
 Animal Laws
 Aviation Law
 Bangladesh Law
 Banking and Finance laws
 Case Laws
 Civil Laws
 Company Law
 Constitutional Law
 Consumer laws
 Contracts laws
 Criminal law
 Drug laws
 Dubai laws
 Educational laws
 Employment / Labour laws
 Environmental Law
 family law
 Gay laws and Third Gender
 Human Rights laws
 Immigration laws
 Insurance / Accident Claim
 Intellectual Property
 International Law
 Juvenile Laws
 Law - lawyers & legal Profession
 Legal Aid and Lok Adalat
 Legal outsourcing
 Media laws
 Medico legal
 Real estate laws
 Right To Information
 Tax Laws
 Torts Law
 Woman Issues
 Workplace Equality & Non-Discrimination
 Yet Another Category

More Options
 Most read articles
 Most rated articles

Subscribe now and receive free articles and updates instantly.


Published : July 27, 2017 | Author : semlovelysharma
Category : Dubai laws | Total Views : 797 | Unrated

Lovely is Tax law expert

How to Get Singleness Certificate from Indian Embassy in UAE?

Like India, the government of United Arab Emirates (UAE) allows emigrants to tie knot with its natives. Let’s say, an Indian mechanical engineer desires to wedlock with the local girl of Dubai (one of the metro cities of UAE). He can do so since the ‘Foreign Marriage Act-1969 has permission for it.

But the emigrant has to walk through several formalities prior. This article particularly consists of ‘all about’ the formalities to get singleness certificate. Since it is one of the essentials to solemnize marriage, therefore, this article would answer to A to Z complexities that may pop up when you’re likely to marry there.

Let’s kick start with the eligibility of the prospective spouses in the UAE.

Eligibility of Emigrants from India:

· Resident visa holder of UAE

· Carry the valid passport and singleness certificate from Indian Embassy

Lawful Formalities Prior to Marriage:

For respecting law of that country, the prospective spouse should walk through the predefined formalities. ‘What are these’-let’s catch them all:

1. Before 30 days of solemnizing marriage:

· Physical presence of bride and bridegroom before the marriage registrar is mandatory.

· The prospective spouses should bring along the three witnesses who should have residence visa.

· The would-be spouses should have dully filled ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’, ‘Singleness Certificate from Indian Embassy’ or ‘Single Status Affidavit’ and declaration in newspaper.

· Publish the notice of prospective marriage in the newspaper of the local area & the state/city of residency in the prescribed format.

· Specify the date of solemnizing marriage before 30 days of marriage but prior to publication of notice in the newspaper.

2. A day before solemnizing marriage:

· Submission of original passports of the would-be spouses to the Marriage officer.

3. On the day of marriage:

· The would-be spouses should be physically present accompanying the three witnesses and their identity proofs.

Required Documents for Marriage:

The marriage is solemnized before the consular officer. More or less, the mention of almost all documents for the intended marriage in the UAE is done above. For crystal clear picture of all documents, here is the list to specify separately for our reader’s convenience:

· Notice of intended marriage

· No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the parents of the would-be spouses. It is issued by the Foreign Ministry of the UAE.

· Original passport & visa of the prospective bride, bridegroom and the three witnesses. The latter’s passport would be required for verification purpose only.

· Photocopy of the residence visa & passport of the three witnesses for submission to the Marriage Officer.

· Photocopy of the Indian would be-spouse’ passport and residence visa.

Notice of Intended Marriage:

Don’t be so puzzled over this notice! It’s like any notice published in newspaper for declaration of change of name or non-availability of birth certificate. Its format is already prescribed by the government authority. Therefore, it should be drafted and later, published in the same format.

Points to consider for drafting the ‘notice’:

· Notice for circulation should be published in the newspaper that is widely popular.

· It should be published in the UAE and the home town at permanent location of the bride and bridegroom.

· If both would-be spouses hail from the similar place in India, no separate publication is required. Publish it at one place.

· Present the original copy of the same for submission.

All these supporting documents are handed over to the witnesses and the hosts after the solemnization of marriage.

How to get the unmarried certificate in UK from the Indian embassy?

Since the emigrants stays far away from India, they can visit the Indian embassy there for withdrawing unmarried certificate. It’s known as ‘No Impediment Certificate’ there. In India, the absence of competent authority that issues the bachelorhood certificate causes differences in its format. 


The applicant must enclose these documents to get it:

· Notarized Single Status Affidavit by District Magistrate or Sub-Divisional Magistrate

· Identity proof, like voter ID, ration card, adhaar card etc.

· Birth proof, like birth certificate, school leaving certificate etc.

· Residential proof, like utility bill, electricity bill etc.

· Decree Absolute, if the applicant is a divorcee

These documents should be through attestation services of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in India. Otherwise, the unmarried certificate can be rejected. It is so because the certificate is sent to the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the UAE.

1 2 3 4 5
Rate this article!     Poor

Most viewed articles in Dubai laws category
Road Traffic Injury & Accidents
Drugs and the Law in Dubai
Labour Law in the UAE
Marriage Dissolution: Compensation
Alcohol & Licensing in Dubai
Traffic Offences in Dubai
Banking Law - Corporate Guarantee
Banking Law - Personal Guarantee
Extradition Procedures of UAE
Adoption in the Uniter Arab Emirates
Possession and Using of Drugs in the United Arab Emirates
Know your Labor Rights in the United Arab Emirates
UAE Patent System
Parent Child Abduction in United Arab Emirates
Power of Attorney in the United Arab Emirates
Inheritance Law - Rules of Succession in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Most recent articles in Dubai laws category
Legal Problems Of Alcoholism And Drugs Assumption
Arresting Individuals
Arrest Order Issued by the Public Prosecution
How to Get Singleness Certificate from Indian Embassy in UAE?
Pretrial Imprisonment Order
Bail Procedure
Can Victims Claim Compensation?
Referral After Completion of Investigation
Rules and Regulations Followed in Criminal Cases
Witness Hearing Before the Criminal Courts
Why Setup A Free zone Company in the UAE
Family Court Process
The Legal Dos and Donts of Property Purchase
Business Laws and Regulations in Dubai, UAE
Application of Home Country Inheritance Law
UAE Patent System

Article Comments

there are no comments...

Please login or register a new free account.

Random Pick
The article speaks about Limited Liability Partnership in India with an overview of the same being different and yet similar to traditional Partnership Companies, and the Winding Up procedure for LLP in India...

» Total Articles
» Total Authors
» Total Views
» Total categories

Law Forum

Legal Articles

Lawyers in India- Click on a link below for legal Services

lawyers in Chennai
lawyers in Bangalore
lawyers in Hyderabad
lawyers in Cochin
lawyers in Pondicherry
lawyers in Guwahati
lawyers in Nashik

lawyers in Jaipur
lawyers in New Delhi
lawyers in Dimapur
lawyers in Agra
Noida lawyers
lawyers in Siliguri

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi

Ph no: 9650499965
For online Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487
Law Articles

lawyers in Delhi
lawyers in Chandigarh
lawyers in Allahabad
lawyers in Lucknow
lawyers in Jodhpur
Faridabad lawyers

lawyers in Mumbai
lawyers in Pune
lawyers in Nagpur
lawyers in Ahmedabad
lawyers in Surat
Ghaziabad lawyers

lawyers in Kolkata
lawyers in Janjgir
lawyers in Rajkot
lawyers in Indore
lawyers in Ludhiana
Gurgaon lawyers


India's Most Trusted Online law library
Legal Services India is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
 ISBN No: 978-81-928510-1-3