Steps to Get CENOMAR from India in the US for Marriage
Going abroad requires proper research. However, many of the prospective expats explore Google before saying goodbye to their native land. But some of them take off with the little knowledge that can be dangerous. Unknowingly, the innocent can be put behind the bars in the totally alien country.
For those who are newbies to the immigration process, here are some valuable points to get off the possibility of detention. Kindly, walk into the information with intense care. This is the roundup of the A to Z information on Form 1-94 and how you can get CENOMAR from India.
Let’s begin with the briefing over Form I-94.
What is I-94 form?
Form I-94 is like a movie entry ticket that one needs to get at the entrance of the USA territory. Most of us think that only specific visa is a mandatory requirement for migrating to America. But this form is also a must asset that the expats must carry along. It is an evidence of legal entry to this democratic country.
What does it state?
This form states the following details:
· Date of entry to the US
· Date of departure (or expiry) from the US
In the nutshell, this form reveals the duration of non-immigrant’s stay in the US. Don’t confuse the date of expiry with the expiry of a particular visa, like H-1 B visa or K-1 visa. The record of duration empowers proactivity to the immigration authority. It gets complete control over the legal stay of non-immigrants.
Who does provide this form?
The United States has appointed CBP (Customs and Border Protection) officer for taking care of this responsibility. They ask for the valid passport, visa, and other requisite documents. The non-immigrant has to undergo probing by the same. If the officer would get a satisfactory reply against “Whether or not you will be abided by the US immigration norms”, the expat would get an entry.
After getting satisfactory response, he stamps the passport. Alongside, he puts the date of admission into the US territory, class (in which class one entered) and the date of termination of the stay.
How does this form help in getting married in the US?
Many of such form-holders want to get settled with the US spouse later during the stay. What should be done, then? It’s the major pain-point that legal formalities of the USCIS interrupt solemnizing marriage for the foreigner in the United States.
Many a times, non-immigrants engulf in puzzles over how to get married with the US native. This form can be valuable at that time. So, what they can do?
Here is the solution of this problem:
The US native spouse/fiancé should invite the foreign native fiancé on K1 visa (if wants to marry in the US). Or, he/she can apply for K3 visa (if married in the foreign country) on the latter’s behalf. This should be done before arrival to the US.
· Invite the foreign native fiancé on non-immigrant visa.
· Apply for the K-3 visa or K-1 visa (to know more about these visas, visit this link: K-1 & K-3 Visa for Bringing Foreign Native Fiancé to the US.) on his or her behalf. It is the responsibility of the native spouse or fiancé to file visa petitions before or on arrival of the foreign fiancé or spouse.
· If the non-immigrant seeks for a K-1 visa, the USCIS authority would ask for bachelorhood proof. At that time, he/she can get CENOMAR online from India through a relative. The magistrate-attested single status affidavit would be a solid proof of the expat’s single status. But this visa would be valid for 4 months only.
· If the expat needs more than 4 month period to stay in the US, the spouse from US can apply for the K-3 visa in his/her behalf. It declares that both are married outside the US. And now, the foreign native spouse wants approval to get united with his/her American spouse. He/she should fill Form I-130 and form I-129.
Steps to get proof of single status online from India in the US:
· If the Indian fiancé or spouse is in the US, he/she can authorize his/her relative to apply for CENOMAR via power of attorney.
· The relative should visit the Magistrate or Sub-Divisional Magistrate of any court.
· Submit the affidavit of unmarried certificate for completing this process.
· Get it attested from the Magistrate, and then, from the Ministry of External Affairs.
· Finally, it needs attestation from the US consulate.
· The relative would send its scanned copy to the visa-seeker.